Intense aroma of hot coffee awakens in the morning, charging with energy for the whole working day. In order not to spend a lot of time on its cooking, it is easier to use the indispensable “assistant” – a coffee maker. The range of such equipment is huge: geysernaya, drip machine, espresso-type devices, etc. But before choosing this technique for yourself, it would not hurt to figure out how the coffee maker works.
Intense aroma of hot coffee awakens in the morning, charging with energy for the whole working day. In order not to spend a lot of time on its cooking, it is easier to use the indispensable “assistant” – a coffee maker. The range of such equipment is huge: geysernaya, drip machine, espresso-type devices, etc. But before choosing this technique for yourself, it would not hurt to figure out how the coffee maker works. This knowledge will help not only to determine the appropriate model, but also to properly regulate the program for obtaining a coffee drink.
Drip type coffee maker
This technique – a real find for lovers of strong American. Among all automatic coffee machines, drip-type machines have the simplest design and principle of operation. What is a drip coffee maker? This is an electric device for the preparation of freshly brewed coffee, which consists of a heating heater, filters and a transparent flask, compactly placed in one case. A striking example is the Maestro 401-MR coffee maker.
The flask is most often made of heat-resistant glass. Plastic counterparts can only be in “budget” models. Taste qualities of the future drink directly depend on the material used to make the flask; therefore, its choice should be approached thoroughly. The bowl is added with the convenient handle and a measured scale. In the event of a breakdown or other defect, this part of the coffee maker can be replaced.
What is inside the case of technology? The lower part of the device is occupied by a heating element. In this design, flow-type heating elements are used, that is, the water, passing through the part, does not come into contact with the walls of the element. The power of the heaters varies between 650 W and 1200 W. It all depends on the size of the coffee maker and manufacturer. The second most important indicator is the cooking time. Given the power, the first portion will be ready in about 5 minutes.
In the upper part of the body is a water tank and filter compartment. They can be used for this technique of 4 types:
- Nylon – comes complete with a coffee maker. This filter is enough for 60 brewed drink, after which the accessory will have to be changed.
- Paper – sold separately. These filters are disposable and must be discarded after each use. The main advantage: low price, as well as the absence of extraneous odors and tastes in the drink.
- Iron – suitable for multiple use, but gives coffee a distinctive metallic taste. To avoid this, the item must be cleaned with high quality.
- “Golden” – an accessory at a cost more than all the previous ones. Durable, but, like a metal filter, requires regular cleaning.
- The water tank can have different capacities and is often made of durable plastic. When using it, the main thing is to ensure that the volumes of the liquid correspond to the index mark inside the case.
The principle of operation of drip coffee makers
Saturated americano is prepared in such a coffee maker by percolation method. Water, filtering through the filter with coffee powder, is poured in separate drops into the flask, filling it with a fresh and fragrant drink. It can be the best cold brew coffee maker. Anyone hear about it? Yes! By using this coffee maker, you can make a cold coffee like from Starbucks.
To get a portion of strong coffee, you must:
- fill the tank with water to the specified mark;
- pour a measuring spoon the right amount of powder in the filter;
- tightly cover the upper part of the body cover;
- press the power button.
- What happens next inside the drip type coffee maker and what is its principle of